Once you have found some boards you'd like to join, look for instructions for joining in the board's description. Some won't have that information, in which case you'll want to do some digging to find the group owner's email address.
A simple request to join the board with a link to your Pinterest account and the email address you use for Pinterest should suffice.
5. Make your content for pinning.
Because Pinterest is a visual search engine, you'll need to make pins to save. You can design these in Canva or Photoshop. A few things to remember when designing:
- Vertical images convert well on Pinterest (no square, no horizontal)
- Bright, high-quality images are easy on the eye and stand out in the feed
- If you decide to use text, make sure to proofread and use fonts that are easy to read.
- Use your brand colors! Your pins should look like they came from your business. Use colors, fonts, and a design style that matches your brand.
Pinterest users are generally looking for information. This is why a blog is a great place to store your pins. Leading directly to a shop page will never convert as well from Pinterest as leading to a blog post or some other form of value that leads to an email list that then leads to the sale. Consider user experience from top to bottom!
6. Once you have your pins made, you can save them.
Remember that special board I had you make before? It's time to save your pin to that board. Remember to name your image descriptively, check to make sure the link is correct, and add a description with keywords. You can use the Search function on Pinterest to figure out which keywords to include (ideally, you want to include words that your target audience might search).
7. You've made it! Now it's Tailwind time.
In order for Pinterest to rank your content, you'll need to be pinning pretty frequently, but you don't want to be on Pinterest all day. You've got better things to do, right?
And that's where Tailwind comes in. Tailwind is approved by Pinterest and makes this entire process so easy.
When you sign up for Tailwind, the first thing you'll want to do is look at your posting schedule. In the left-hand menu, click "Your Schedule." Tailwind created a smart schedule FOR YOU, based on the followers you already have or based on its own data if you are just starting out. You can add or delete times here.